Beach study unit anyone? Give your young oceanographers a chance to build their own Just Beachy Sandwiches!
You will need:
- A couple of Graham Crackers in a ziplock bag
- cream cheese
- blue food coloring
- Jelly Belly "pebbles"
- Bread slices
- Drink umbrellas (if you have them)
Ready? Okay! Your kids can do whichever of these steps you think they can handle!
- Mix the cream cheese with a couple drops of food coloring. I was informed that it would look more "wavy" if I did not mix it all the way in, but left some white swirls. Spread this over your bread.
- Give your kid(s) the bag of graham crackers and let them beat the fool out of them until they look like sand. At this point they will think you are a marvelous mother.
- Arrange everything as you please. High tide, low tide, tide pools, goldfish that double as beach chairs, whatever. You may have to explain that some beaches are rocky, hence the pebbles. Your kids will not care, because now you have actually instructed them to add candy to their sandwhich, sealing your claims to Best-Mama-On-Earth for all time.
- Take a quick break from all that exhaustingly educational food prep to photo the moment...
- Be sure to record any serious beach construction that you can.
- Enjoy the celebration as they realize that Mama is actually going to let them eat this concoction for lunch/snack/whatever.
Best spur-of-the-moment school project ever. Seriously.